The 4th International Risk Assessment and Horizon Scanning Symposium will be held from 18 to 19 October in Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore. The symposium is organized by the National Security Coordination Secretariat at the Prime Minister’s Office.
About 300 international participants are expected for the by-invitation-only symposium, mainly from governments, think tanks and private enterprises with a strong interest in horizon scanning.
The symposium will:
- promote active dialogue on risk assemssment and horizon scanning concepts, methods and technologies
- provide the opportunity for Singapore to share its Risk Assessment and Horizon Scanning or RAHS programme with an international audience
- encourage active discussion of New Security Challenges as well as Big Shifts and Discontinuities that affect us all.
The theme for IRAHSS 2011 is “Emerging Risks, Emerging Opportunities”. IRAHSS 2011 will feature four panels covering the following issues:
- Communicating Strategic Foresight Insights
- Integrating Strategic Foresight into Risk Management
- New Security Challenges
- Big Shifts and Discontinuities