Even before the financial crisis it has become evident that Europe needs a new, future-oriented strategy to regain an economically, socially and environmentally viable position. The mission of the project WWW for Europe is to derive a strategy for a more dynamic, inclusive and sustainable Europe. Our tentative results indicate that this is possible if Europe goes for a “high-road strategy” based on quality, skills and innovation. Based on this strategy Europe should try to become a role model for the globalised world.
In the frame of this research project a “Best Paper Award” will be granted for scientific advances in the following fields:
– Increasing resilience of the economic and financial system
– Financing the welfare state in a low growth scenario
– Options to reduce working time (who, how, why, enforcement)
– Implications of low growth for distribution, social mobility, and openness
– Case studies of social and economic consequences of low growth
Submission of papers: November 16th, 2014
Notification of the winners: January 30th, 2015
Presentation of the Best Paper Award: May 6th, 2015
More details are also available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.